image
Friday, 7 October 2011,


So many months since I last blogged over here. This is because of many changes in my life, with conscription now locked on me.

Firstly, I no longer have the time to blog, with only weekends available for me, I am just too tired to reflect and write. Secondly, my flow of thoughts has changed to Chinese, making this bog almost useless as I have been trying my best to keep this in English, the way I started it out. Do not ask me what my other blog URL is. Let fate decide if you can find it, read it and understand it.

That is out of the point why I am blogging today. Let's talk about change in mindset, regarding the topic on conscription.

My fate has been sealed roughly 2 months ago, that I can no longer be a commander, unless I sign on (not really possible either, though I have expressed interest). With the hope of bringing about change to what I see and feel is not right gone, it seemed that my world has fell apart. There seem to be nothing more I am fighting for. I tried to change my support from rank and responsibilities to my loved ones, which ultimately doesn't bring as much motivation as expected. I will write about that too, in my later post. However you must be able to read Chinese. Lols.

That was last month's problem, and I have found the solution to it recently. When asked what is my purpose in wherever I am now, here is my answer: " To be able to go through thick and thin with the friends I have made, so as to build a friendship so strong and unique that it will last throughout this lifetime." No doubt, being in a uniformed organisation will require a lot of physical and mental fitness at times, but as long as we are in this together, I think we will be able to survive well and even laugh our way out of it.

However, I am still unhappy. Ever since I am excused for my knees, I seem to realise that not all of my friends share the same thought. Most find conscription a waste of time, and there are some who are harboring the thought of getting out through medical conditions. It is saddening to see the number we are left with, and the thought of the future makes it more de-moralizing.

The glass of water is always there with 2 different types of views. Our lives for the next year and a half is more or less sealed, and we should be thankful of what we got. Now we have 2 choices to choose from: 1) to grumble and live life in misery, or 2) take this as a training opportunity to train ourselves from boys to men.

Which will you take?

22:27