Today got back O level results. Quite nervous. When they announced the top students, I was clapping like hell. Nadiah!!! From 4/4!!! The excitement was to the extreme.
Then came the list with 8 distinctions... I know I cannot get that, so I waited.
Then came 7 distinctions... It will be a miracle if I got it. So i continue clapping, and waited
Then with the list of 5 distinctions. I was hoping I hit the list, so I got all worked up. However, as the list hits the end, my name was no where to be found. I started to get very nervous. Could all the nightmares be true? I dreamt myself getting E8s for EL. I dreamt myself having a rough time at the release of results. All these made me scared, and I had to wake abruptly for so many nights. It was this face, this beautiful face that calms me down and told me that it will be ok...
So I continue to wait for my turn to know the answers. At the same time, I was looking out to see if this face can be spotted amongst the crowd of students. I promised, to present a piece of good result slip to the owner of the face. Alas, the figure could not be spotted.
Just then, Mdm Lua came. She asked me if I got back my results. I got very frightened and ask how I performed. She told me I was eligible to go for JC, but the results may not be what I've expected. She told me to relax and don't stress myself up so easily. I smiled weakly and continue waiting.
Finally, the results came. Without looking I flipped it back and moved to a quiet corner, slowly revealing the results to myself. The Ts shocked me. Where are the Os? Finally it dawned on me that indeed I've done a bad job. A 13 point with 4 bonus. Although I end up with a single pointer, it still leaves me no where. If only lucky 8 would appear, my dreams will come true.
Stuck in the middle, with no where to go. A headache brew, as I start to re-choose. High hopes were dashed, but that's ok. I will work harder, and prove to myself one day...
Thousand sorry to you, the owner of the face. I meant to give you something with lots of rain. Yet 2 and 3 came, there nothing I could do. Thank you for you wishing, thank you for your congrats. Yet I am still guilty, because I broke you my promise.