image
Sunday, 14 December 2008,

Forgotten many things that I used to do this year.

Friday evening, I asked Nigel a question he asked me quite sometime back.
"How to cheer someone up?"
He said I gave the answer quite sometime back. I forgot, so he gave me the answer.
"Tell the person to do something he/she likes and forget about the troubles for a while."

The answer made quite an impact. That night, I started questioning myself, "What are the things that I like to do?".

The following day, a saturday, while I was glued to the computer thinking of the same question again, my cupboard under the desk caught my attention. That cupboard stores many things. However I usually open it to retrieve my diary for writing. I opened it again and found many stamp albums and quite a number of stamps not detached from the envelopes. It suddenly dawn on me.

My hobby, the thing I like to do is to collect stamps and arrange them neatly and nicely in the albums. I had not been paying any attention to them since Sec 3 when workload starts to increase.

So there I go, spending my saturday afternoon fiddling with my stamps. Soak those that are not detached and re-arrange my whole collection. Simply wonderful. It's like going back to the past. How I got every stamp, I still remember very well.

Troubles seem to cease as I start to work on them. And the credit for helping doesn't go to someone older, but to my friend, Nigel...... =)

15:30