image
Friday, 8 August 2008,

Woke up late this morning cos parents overslept. Dono how they do it with about 4 alarm clocks on the display shelf on top of their bed... Had to rush like mad to school, cos my bro has to reach at 0720.

NDP celebration today. Very different from last year. Looks very grand, and I love it. Although the quality was not what I expected, the serious faces on the UG faces did make me feel very serious. Reminds me of what I was doing last year, standing in the T line and trying my best to keep calm. This year, I get to enjoy it, for the last time. Very proud of our UG and band, the parade was superb still. A sense of pride overwhelmed me as I saw the people I know salute and march off. Proud to be a Riversidian and proud to be in UG...... The performance was quite boring though, noisy and lack of entertainment. Other than the song singing session I think the rest are just quite lousy.

Got back my oral results for Prelim today. Its a 8, 9, 10--27/40. Quite bad I'll say. I was hoping for a 30. Need to work on my reading and picture discussion. The remarks were---pronounication not clear at times and too much "ahs" during the discussion. Maybe I have to relax more during the exam.

Went for breakfast at Macdonald after the whole thing. Initially wanted to ask a few of the Sec 2 NDP to join, but in the end only can find Xin Yi. Went with her, Jing Wen and Allen there then. Because od National Day, it was quite crowded and we found a seat after waiting. Called Nigel and asked him to join. Then Xin Yi go ask Kevin to let their seats to us. So sry about it. Actually only wanted to add 2 chairs to the table, but she insisted that they are leaving. Nigel came with Mrs Poo(sry don't want spell the name in case wrong), just as I predicted with Xin Yi. Both of us felt rather awkward though. We are like xtra light bulbs. Rather unconfortable, till Mrs Poo started to interact with us, then I felt more relieve. As for Jing Wen and her bf, they were enjoying their time together, ignoring our presence and playing with food. I had the urge of throwing up and fortunately, the attendant came to the rescue. My newspaper were dirtied by Jing Wen. She spread the margarine with maple syrup on them!!! I was disgusted, annoyed but helpless. Really don't know whether to scream at her or laugh at her...

Sometimes I feel like a father (although not that old) of 32 rather than their IC. Different people, different characteristics, all I have been trying to learn and teach each of them differently. Sometimes they irritate me, sometimes they amuse me. But I just feel very blessed to know them and to be with them. As they grow and move forward in NPCC, although there will always be a tinge of guilt, i always feel very accomplished and proud of what they have done. Maybe that's me, the real me that I am looking for... ...

12:10